January 1, 2009

Every year since Joe and I have known each other he and his brothers have gone ice fishing on January 1st at Jackson Lake. This year was one of their best year - here is some proof. Joe loves to fish and every once in a while he just can't stand to release everything - he catches and bring a few home to eat. This is Joe and Zack fileting fish in my kitchen.
Funny side note - Joe caught 2 suckers this year in Jackson Lake (he said this the first time he has seen a sucker in Jackson Lake) so they brought them home to cut up for their next adventure. The boys fileted all the fish and then grabbed the sucker and it started to go crazy - flipping and flopping around (Zack said its' nerves hadn't died yet) anyways, A.J. was sitting on the counter watching and looked at me with the most petrified look I have ever seen and screamed "Mom, the dead fish is moving - get me off of the counter!" All while he was staring at the fish like if he moved his eyes it would disappear or something. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of his face - but I think I was nearly as scared as he was.
Funny side note - Joe caught 2 suckers this year in Jackson Lake (he said this the first time he has seen a sucker in Jackson Lake) so they brought them home to cut up for their next adventure. The boys fileted all the fish and then grabbed the sucker and it started to go crazy - flipping and flopping around (Zack said its' nerves hadn't died yet) anyways, A.J. was sitting on the counter watching and looked at me with the most petrified look I have ever seen and screamed "Mom, the dead fish is moving - get me off of the counter!" All while he was staring at the fish like if he moved his eyes it would disappear or something. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of his face - but I think I was nearly as scared as he was.
No comments:
Post a Comment